Based on more than twenty years of research, Conforma Clad has developed three standard tungsten carbide cladding formulas (WC200, WC210, WC219) that provide superior wear protection for a wide range of operating conditions and wear modes (including abrasion, erosion, corrosion and impact, individually or in a combination). Our engineers evaluate each substrate and operating environment to determine the best cladding formula. In addition to the standard tungsten carbide cladding formulas, we also offer custom formulations to fit specific customer requirements.
General Cladding Properties
- Excellent abrasion, erosion and corrosion resistance
- Longer lasting and more durable than sprays, chrome carbide weld overlays and other alternative wear protection
- Cladding will not detach from equipment because of strong metallurgical bond (70,000 psi)
- Cladding can be applied to complex geometries and inside diameters, and to areas unreachable by other methods (areas out of the line-of-sight)
- Cladding has no interconnected porosity, offering superior corrosion and impact resistance
- A thin layer of our brazed tungsten carbide cladding gives the same wear resistance as a much thicker application of weld overlay, allowing cladding applications in areas typically not protected because of weight restrictions
- Cladding properties are consistent throughout, creating uniform wear-rates and continuous heat transfer
Standard Tungsten Carbide Cladding Formulas
One of the key properties of a finished clad component is the metallurgical bond between the cladding and the substrate. Every Conforma Clad process and grade/substrate combination will yield a strong metallurgical bond ensuring no unexpected loss of protection in application like flaking or spalling.